In 2022, Team Love carbon-balanced the CO2e emissions from their audience shuttle buses to and from their Bristol, inner city festivals: Love Saves the Day and FORWARDS (both capacity, 30,000). They worked towards making the shuttles more affordable with a £2.50 return journey while also promoting walking and cycling. In total they carried 16,055 people from the main train station to the festival sites and balanced 21.69 tonnes of carbon emissions from the shuttles.
Key transport initiatives in place at their Bristol events included:
- First Bus shuttle from Bristol city centre available for audiences & free for crew
- Working with Big Green Coach to bring audiences from UK cities to Bristol
- Promoting travel alternatives by sharing safe routes on our socials and website
- Voi & bike parking facilities available at the public entrance to events
- Engaging with crew, contractors & traders to monitor their travel to site.
This case study is part of the Green Travel and Transport Guide for Festivals and Events 2023.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL GUIDE